- Holding a new born baby for the first time.
- Seeing the first flower/fruit on your plant
- Your first trip to a sea beach… seeing huge waves crash onto the rocks
- Amazing colours splashed across the sky as the sun sets
- A puppy trying to take its first steps
The joy and thrill that we experience at the very thought is so difficult to express in words, just a smile or a sparkle in our eyes has to fill in the gaps! And it’s only a glimpse of our day to day tiny encounters with creation… yet it is so amazing!
Want to go deeper? Let us try and answer some of the twenty plus questions the Creator placed before Job
- Have you ever ordered Morning, ‘Get up!’ told Dawn, ‘Get to work!’?
- Have you ever traveled to where snow is made, seen the vault where hail is stockpiled?
- Can you find your way to where lightening is launched or to the place from which the wind blows?
- Can you get the attention of the clouds, and commission a shower of rain?
- Can you take charge of the lightening bolts and have them report to you for orders?
(extracts taken from Job 38 – 41; MSG)
Wow! Stunned? I am stumped for words! Explaining is one thing but total control over creation… all of creation!
The depth, richness and majesty of creation is so hard to comprehend or even understand and yet the Bible gives us such calm assurance… ‘In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.’ (Gen.1:1). No need to panic or fret… The Creator is in complete control for He brought creation into existence and He reigns over all. Amen