5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay (Matthew 28:5-6)
The women on the First Easter morning, ‘went to look at the tomb’ (28:1). They went to mourn the death of their beloved teacher, the One who had given them a new purpose for life. Over the weekend, they relived many memories of the teachings and miracles of the Rabbi. As they walked to the tomb, it seemed as if ‘it was all over’. The One they loved, the Master, the Lord and everything they hoped HIM to be was behind the tomb. A closed chapter and a painful memory of Someone they truly loved and worshipped.
Often, our lives are like the walk to the tomb. Our hopes and dreams are dashed, because we imagine Jesus is dead behind the tomb and ‘it is all over’.
But, at the tomb, the women experienced an earth-shattering experience (read Matthew 28:2-4), and the angel of the Lord had a special message for them. A message that changed it all.
Changed it all…for them and us!
‘He is not here; he has risen, just as he said…’
Regardless of whatever be the circumstances in our lives, our lives can be anchored on this message:
- Just as He said: Whatever are His promises over your life, God will always do it!
- He is not here: The empty tomb is a reminder that nothing is impossible with God!
- He has risen: Jesus is the resurrected Lord and He reigns over you and your every situation!
As we celebrate Easter today, let us seek to be like the women at the tomb (read Matthew 28:8): filled with joy, exuberant to share the life-changing message!
The Assembly of God Church Kolkata
Latest posts by The Assembly of God Church Kolkata (see all)
- I Do – What Shapes My Family • Downloadable Graphic - October 11, 2020
- A Special Message For Children - March 29, 2020
- Special Message For You (Tamil) - March 28, 2020
- Special Message For You (Telugu) - March 28, 2020