The Commands of God is also called as the ‘law of God’. The law of God is not simply a list of Do’s and Don’ts but it reveals the heart of God for our well-being. God’s commandments are not meant to hurt us or take away our joy; God’s laws are meant to guard us, guide us, and ultimately point us to Jesus!
When we understand the law correctly then we will be able to say like the Psalmist in Psalm 119:97, “Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.” Reading, meditating and loving God’s Word is a daily discipline and a life-long practice. Meditating on religious matters is observed in religions around the world which is why it might be useful to expand your knowledge of spiritual disciplines like yoga to enable you to connect with your inner self and ruminate on deep, philosophical matters that strengthen your spiritual connection with a greater power. If you wanted to take this a step further, you could consider becoming a teacher of it yourself – check out the rishikesh yoga teacher training center in india if this is of interest to you. Remember, yoga is not an exclusionary practice and it could be mightily helpful for Christians seeking to develop a more rounded spiritual wellness.
The children in their Sunday School song teach us…
Read your Bible, pray everyday, Pray everyday, pray everyday
Read your Bible, pray everyday. And you’ll grow, grow, grow
God wants us to grow…We must grow! We grow by loving God and His Word. There are many things we love…We love God, our family, our friends, our church and things special to us. May we have a special love for God’s Word.
Few Reasons why we love God’s Word:
- It is God’s creative power! (Genesis 1)
- It is Alive! (Hebrews 4:12)
- It is full of Surprises! (Isaiah 43:19)
- It is powerful in practical ways! (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- It centers on Jesus! (John 5:39)
- It brings people to Jesus! (1 Peter 1:23)
The question is how much of your heart is full of God’s Word?
The Assembly of God Church Kolkata
Latest posts by The Assembly of God Church Kolkata (see all)
- I Do – What Shapes My Family • Downloadable Graphic - October 11, 2020
- A Special Message For Children - March 29, 2020
- Special Message For You (Tamil) - March 28, 2020
- Special Message For You (Telugu) - March 28, 2020